Free Safe Work Procedure – Angle Grinders
Safe Work Procedures are a very important weapon in your workplace safety training arsenal.
Below is some text from the “Start Up Procedure Section” in the Microsoft Word document you can download below:
Before starting check that:
- An agreed safe procedure has been established and communicated for the agreed task.
- Grinding work is necessary. Could a different tool be used with less risk?
- The correct size grinder is selected for the job.
- The correct flange and locking nut is in place for the type of disc being used.
- The correct disc is selected, depending on the type of material being worked on and the size of the disc.
- The guard and handles are in place and secure.
- Does the guard cover half the disc between the operator and the disc?
- Large Angle Grinders are fitted with a side handle.
- There are no defects or damage to the disc.
- Any disc that has been dropped or becomes damp is thrown away.
- No flammable materials are close by.
- The work piece is held firmly in a bench vice where necessary.
- All employees are instructed to keep at a safe distance while an Angle Grinder is being used.
- Welding screens are positioned to prevent flying particles hitting other workers.
- Where a safer alternative cutting tool is available or can be obtained, an Angle grinder should not be used as a cutting tool.
Just click the image below and this free Safe Work Procedure for Angle Grinders is yours to use in today’s safety training.