Free Safe Work Procedure – Electrical Safety
Download this free safe work procedure for electrical safety now.
No catches – just a complete Microsoft Word document for you free.
The operational procedures contained include:
- Inspect tools and leads regularly.
- Have worn plugs replaced.
- Return frayed and damaged leads to your supervisor.
- Ensure that portable electrical equipment and leads are connected through an approved
- Residual Current Device (RCD) or an approved Type 2 safety switch.
- Ensure the portable safety switch is tested using the inbuilt test button immediately it is connected to a socket outlet, and each day it is used after its connection. The switch MAY be used if it trips immediately.
- The portable safety switch and all portable appliances must be tested and tagged every 6/12/60 months by a qualified person.
- It the tag is absent or out of date you must not use the appliance or lead. The faulty appliance and/or lead must be handed to your supervisor.
- Do NOT use double adaptors or piggyback plugs.
- Protect leads passing through doorways.
- Keep leads and plugs dry, and out of puddles.
- Do not open any electrical (fuse) boxes. If any work needs to be carried out on the fuse box, contact your supervisor immediately.
- Ensure any portable appliances are switched off before removing the plug.
- Remove leads from sockets by grasping the plug and not the lead.
- Do not use PVC tape to repair worn or damaged leads. Have the cord replaced.
- Switch off portable appliances when not in use.
Just click the image below and this free Safe Work Procedure for Electrical Safety awareness is yours as a free safety training download.